Questions & Answers:
What time is the worship service?
Join us for Sunday Worship at 8:30 a.m or 11:00 a.m in the Sanctuary, or come to our contemporary service at 11:00 a.m in the Chapel. Feel free to help yourself to doughnuts, coffee or lemonade in the Courtyard. We set them out before the 8:30 a.m. service and it’s first come, first served!.
Where is the church located?
2409 Guadalupe Street, Austin, Texas, 78705. You’ll see the limestone building on the corner of 24th Street & Guadalupe Street.
Where do I park?
There is ample, free parking in our church parking lot on 25th Street and also across the road in the Platinum parking lot. A friendly police officer is there to assist with crossing the road on Sunday mornings. Additional free parking is available on Sunday mornings in the UT San Antonio Garage on San Antonio Street, located just behind the Platinum parking lot.
Is there handicap accessibility?
An area of the church parking lot adjacent to Heinsohn Hall is reserved at all times for use by persons of limited mobility. An elevator serving the four floors of the Heinsohn Hall educational building can be accessed at ground level near the entrance from the parking lot.
We have a wheelchair ramp at the south entrance of the Sanctuary on 24th Street. To access, please drive through the alley, from north to south, or from 25th Street to 24th Street, stop at the south-east corner of the church and let people in wheelchairs or walkers out of the car. The ramp is a few feet away from this corner. You will be entering through the south entrance of the Sanctuary on 24th Street.
What should I wear?
Wear whatever you feel most comfortable in. Whatever you wish - we just want you here!
What about my kids?
We want you and your children to get the most from our services. We provide free child care during the Sunday morning services. Contact our Director of Children’s Ministries, Natasha Ulack, at email@example.com. Your children are also welcome to join you during the services.
Will I be asked to stand and be recognized as a guest?
No, you will not - we hope that you will come, enjoy the service and feel at home as we all get to know each other better.
Am I expected to give money during the offering?
Toward the end of the service, church volunteers will collect an offering. This offering helps support the church. If you are a guest, we are not expecting money from you.
Where should I sit?
Anywhere you like! Make yourself comfortable…
Do I need to bring a Bible?
Not necessarily, but feel free to bring one if you like to read along or mark passages for future reference and study. You will find Bibles in the pew in front of your seat.
• If you have never been a member of any church, you can join formally through baptism, and become a member of UUMC by a “Profession of Faith.”
• If you have been an active member at another Methodist church or a church of another denomination, you can join by a “Transfer of Membership.”
• If you have professed your faith and been a member of another church of any denomination, but have not been active for a while, you can become a member of UUMC by a “Re-Affirmation of Faith.”
• If you wish to retain your membership in another UMC, but also join UUMC, you can join as an “Affiliate Member.
• If you wish to retain your membership in a church of another denomination, you can join as an Associate Member. (Students who belong to a church in their home town are invited to take advantage of the Affiliate or Associate options.)
Please indicate your desire to join by checking the appropriate items on the visitor’s sheet in the registration booklet located in the pews.